Saturday 27 June 2015

Woodware Dragonfly - arty card

Well, had a last minute request for a card for the friend that I made the vase and flowers card for so rustled this up. And I love it! Wasn't sure how it would turn out but generally really happy with it - there are always little bits I'd like to change but nothing major. The stamp is a lovely Woodware single dragonfly stamp. I've stamped it onto a 'distressed' background - I inked it then spritzed it in various colours before stamping. I've then paper pieced using some other distressed papers. I've added 'wink of stella' to the flowers and glossy accents to the body of the dragonfly and the circles - neither of which shows up well on this photo and didn't want to tilt it as photographed it when still wet. The wings were created using fusable fibres. I've also added some further 'twiddles' with black and white pens - there was a request to include the Christian Ichthus symbol in the card. I hope I've done that without it being too obvious (he didn't want it to stand out). He's not seen it yet but I think it will be OK. She makes cards too and I've included a lot of things that she likes - paper piecing, wobbly lines around the edge, fantasy fibres, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment