Thursday 25 September 2014

Not a card! Flower Wreath

Bit of a change for me. One of my class asked if we could make flowers so have been trying out a few easy flowers and trying to decide how we can use them. What I've done here is cut a frame from thick card (4 inch diameter), wrap a ribbon around (took a bit more than a metre), add a bow and jewel to hide where I've attached the thin ribbon for hanging. That's when the fun began! The rosebud ones are just made from circles of card cut into a spiral them curled up. The open flowers are made from an 8 petal small punch which is layered up (approx 12 layers) and scrunched up. All have been edged with some tattered rose distress ink. The leaves are a Spellbinder d-lite die that has been cut up. I've made lots of other style flowers and will probably show them too at a later date. Really pleased with this an hope the ladies will enjoy making it - they will have done it by the time you read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment