I sadly heard that a friend died a couple of days ago. I quickly made this card this morning to get it in the post. It uses the Clarity Allium stamps and I brayered the background using my splodge mat which is invaluable. The text stamp was an Anita's one which goes well with the Allium as it has a little seedhead on it. I used lot of of colour which may be unusual for a sympathy card but John was a very bright person and his widow is a great lover of plants, both garden and wild, so I'm hoping this will be well recieved.
On the good news side, I've just heard that one of my cards is going to feature in Craft Stamper magazine. I'm chuffed! Need to find it now and send it off to them - I'm just hoping it's in my craft room somewhere!! Look out for it in the next issue - it was featured on my blog in September.
I've already made a card out of this paper but decided to make another. This one I put on an 8x8 card after inking the edge with bundled sage distress ink. I've added the 'winter wishes' greeting from a Dovecraft set which I've embossed in white glitter embossing powder. I've then cut a selection of snowlfakes using spellbinders create-a-flake 3 from two shades of glitter card. I added them just to fill out the card as it looked a bit bare on the right. I wasn't sure if I liked it when I did it late at night but liked it when I saw it in the light of day! Hope you do too!
This one was another quickie. I wanted to use a new embossing folder I'd bought as a background. You may have seen the blue acetate on a previous card - I also wanted to use up the acetate. I cut the acetate with an heirloom ornament and cut a smaller one with the greeting on. I've added some white ribbon as I didn't have any blue, but added some bakers twine and a jewel on the top to bring out the blue.
Found this paper as I was sifting through and decided to use it up before it got ruined. It was one I downloaded from the internet and printed off. I've just added a couple of Spellbinder Heirloom Ornaments cut out in gold mirri then embossed whilst still in the die with a snowflake embossing folder. I've added a label also cut from gold mirri which I've added a peel off too. I've used a gold a red narrow ribbon through the label and also to hang the ornaments with. I've also added a couple of red jewels. I just wanted to make some quick cards so this was another quickie.