Friday 14 September 2012

My mum's 70th Birthday Card

I wanted to go all out on this card for my mum but ended up making one like I've done before! I started a different card but didn't like it and scrapped it. Mum love's the colour purple and although it looks a bit blue in the photo it is actually a lilac colour. I've used core dinations paper as the background matt. I half embossed some white card leaving the bottom plain so I could stamp the greeting. I cut some panels of a purple patterened paper and added some clear micro beads over the top. These were matted on the purple card and put over the embossed area on foam tape for depth. The 'Happy Birthday' was stamped with glue then I added some silver gilding flakes. I also used the flakes on my die cut 70. I used ironworks spellbinders for the central layer. I added a pearly swirl and also some glue pearl dots round the edge and on the spellbinders. Lastly there is a crinkly edge organza ribbon with a creative expressions dazzler button at the centre. I'm pleased with the result although wanted to do something a bit more special for mum but I know she'll love it no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment