Friday 22 June 2012

Spellbinder Poinsettia - new die!

I finally decided to buy this die as I have wanted it for about a year! And I'd just got it when they launched a new Spellbinder deal on Create and Craft so could have got it along with the other one I'd bought - holiday tags. I did get a better deal though and would have spent more buying it as a deal. I still want all three of the 'heirloom ornaments' so they are now on the wish list! I had the perfect paper for cutting the poinsettia. I decided not to ink but shaped them and layered up. The gold frame was cut using two of my other label dies and also the greeting was on yet another label die. The backing paper was one from a Crafters Companion CD - vintage Christmas I think. I did have a bit of a disaster when I added the gold cosmic shimmer glue dots - they bled into each other! I think it was because the flowers are shaped. I managed to hide the worst of it by adding another layer of flower over it then doing it again. It was just my first play so I don't mind - as Stephanie Weightman once recommended, I'll send it to my elderly aunt who doesn't see too well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment